How well do you think you are prepared if a fire occurred in your home?
Do you know the correct steps for evacuating your loved ones?
Just like fire drills, pets need consideration when preparing for any given unexpected fire emergencies. Did you know that National Pet Fire Safety Day is observed annually on July 15th? This day helps not only raise awareness of overall safety but, allows pet owners hands-on experience while preparing for the unexpected. Taking these preventable measures now can both save your home and your pet!
Did you know that many times our pets can cause a fire if we don’t take the proper steps? Check out these precautions you can take to help prevent any mishaps in your home.
- Never ever leave an open flame unattended.
- Always make sure to secure stove knobs/or stovetops.
- Avoid any lit candles when you are leaving your pet unattended.
- Make sure to secure your fireplace.
- Secure any electrical cords.
- Make sure to always keep leashes and collars near the door.
- It’s very important to pet-proof a room for any young pets.
- Have a fire evacuation plan in place, just in case an emergency occurs.
Now that you know some tips take the time out of your day and practice! It’s super important to always keep your pets and your humans safe!