Have you heard of National Dog Day?
August is truly a special month for dogs!
This holiday (which is also known as National Dog Appreciation Day) has been celebrated every single year on August 26th, since 2004. The overall purpose of this holiday is to show lots of appreciation for the millions of the dogs in the United States that keep us safe and those amazing furry pups who bring us comfort and loyal companionship. National Dog Day honors family dogs and dogs that work selflessly to save lives, keep us safe and bring us loads of comfort. Treat your furry companion on this special day with a treat or two! Need some ideas? Don’t worry we have you covered, check out Forever Vets top ten ideas to celebrate such an amazing day:
- Adopt a dog from a local shelter!
- Have a safety check of your home for your furry friend.
- Donate some food, blankets, and or toys to a local shelter.
- Send a dog-related gift to a friend or family member.
- Have an awesome National Dog Day party and invite some pups over to play together!
- Post some photos of your dog and use the hashtag #NationalDogAppreciationDay.
- Purchase an official National Dog Day shirt and wear it proudly.
- Have a portrait painted of your dog.
- Buy your dog a fun new toy…or two…or maybe even three!
- Give your fur baby extra love and care by allowing them to run and get exercise at a local dog park!
There are literally endless ways to give thanks and celebrate Dog Appreciation Day!
Like we have stated before, dogs constantly keep proving that they truly are man’s best friend. Happy National Dog Day, or more importantly happy dog appreciation month! Woof woof!! Take the time out of your day and share your “Dog Appreciation,” story with Forever Vets Animal Hospital! Follow us on social media and tag us in some of your favorite memories with your doggies!