Adopt A Cat Month!
Did you know that June is a special month for our feline friends?
The American Humane celebrates Adopt-A-Cat Month® each June! June is known for the top month which also marks the height of “kitten season.” This is when millions of kittens are born and unfortunately often end up in animal shelters. But never fear! YOU can make a difference through adoption! According to the ASPCA, 3.2 million cats can be found in shelters every year and of these, about 860,000 are euthanized annually. Adopting a cat not only helps one of these many animals seeking a home, but it also opens a space for shelters and rescue groups to take in another cat. Adopting a cat is not only a wonderful way to support your local animal shelter, it’s also an excellent way to bring some cuddly love into your life.
Here are the top five reasons why you should adopt a cat this month:
- You’ll save a life! Like stated before you would be saving an animal from euthanization.
- Shelter cats come in various shapes, sizes, and ages! There are so many options to choose from.
- Shelter cats are ready to go! These cats or neutered, immunized, dewormed, microchipped and assessed for behavioral issues by the skilled staff at the shelter.
- Independence! Cats are very independent and can adjust very well to your busy lifestyle.
- Cat cuddles and purrrs! What else could help you relax after a long day? You would officially have a permanent cuddle buddy.
Whether you’re bringing home your first cat or adding to your brood, American Humane wants to ensure all pet owners are prepared for the joyful and, yet sometimes confusing moments of the process of adopting a cat. And, once you decide to adopt your furry friend, make sure to visit Forever Vets Animal Hospital! Our team ensures prime quality and care for your furry family member through all the good and bad times!